Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An Introduction to Me

I am a receptionist. That's not who I am, but what I am, at least currently. A bored receptionist. But that is not what this blog is about. This blog is about taking my hours of inactivity and turning them into something productive. I want to reach out into the Internet and find those things which most interest me and share them with you.

So that's a little bit about what I am and what I (think) I'm doing. So who am I? Who is this cute, 5'3 blond behind the desk, ankles crossed, smelling of Chanel Chance? I'm Heather, a graduate from Florida State University who moved to Chicago a year ago. I'm a photographer, an actor, a writer, a liberal, a feminist, and a cat person. I have an iPhone but my computer's a Dell. I enjoy eating berries of all kinds (currently munching on blueberries and cherries), but please don't let that fool you. I eat mostly things that will come back and bite me once I hit 30 and my metabolism comes to a screeching halt. Tea not coffee. Honey not sugar. Kickball not dodge ball. And I don't like soup.

And what will you find here? Oh, this and that as I attempt to figure out my own personal philosophy. Perhaps an article I found on The New York Times website or a picture of puppies that glow under a black light (something I actually saw today). Who knows? I plan on reviewing plays and movies or even books. I love history so expect little blurbs about things I learn. Consider this a scrapbook of my experiences.

Okay, yes this seems a bit egocentric and I wonder if anyone other than my parents will actually read this, but really, that's what blogs are. People with opinions. Oftentimes, unqualified opinions. And thus, with my head held high, I join their ranks with the mission of expanding my own mind, and, perhaps, yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment