Friday, February 11, 2011

So a Blizzard Happened



































I'm beginning to hate Chicago. I mean, I don't hate it. Chicago has some really great aspects. I'm having trouble thinking of one currently, but... Well maybe the hot dogs... Maybe if I could live at the Field Museum... The truth is I'm just filled with so much venom when I think about this crazy, cold, bitter, spiteful weather we have. I'm sick of being perpetually uncomfortable! I would like to go outside and not wear forty pounds of winter gear. Ah, dreams.

Are there no bastions of culture in a milder climate? Do we really need to suffer in order to hone our artistry? Can't we live on beaches sipping pina colada's and still write the next great American play? I guess not. But then, why couldn't Florida have culture? Florida doesn't belong exclusively to the old, rich, retired, and republican! Why couldn't I move to New Orleans and start a theatre company the produces plays that focuses on Americana?

But then I want to get a doctorate in Anthropology and teach and travel. I want to find and cultivate those things which make me happy. Can't I have that? I can't until I figure out what those things are.

This has been another episode of "Heather Ranting/Going Off on a Tangent".

No comments:

Post a Comment