Friday, January 28, 2011

It's the Final Weekend

Looking up through the sky light in my office, there are patches of blue. It's been a while since the sky was actually visable. This peek into the heavens, albeit soon to be masked again my clouds and snow, is enough to relax the tension that's been building into a perpetual, dull headache.

I'm in a good mood. I finished one book last night and began a new one this morning on the train (The Awakening and East of Eden respectively). I'm wearing my new, vintage, silver llama pin. His face looks like the llamas in "It's a Small World After All" with a crescent eye and a small smile. It's Friday and I'll soon be lunching with Sergio.

This is the final weekend of my show, Escape from the Haltsburg Boys Choir. It's almost completely sold out! There are literally a couple of tickets left for tonight only and that's it. I'll miss these fantastic people, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit relieved to have some weeks of rest lined up ahead of me. Not really rest though. I'll be rededicating myself to studying so come June I'll pass the GRE with a score high enough in the quantitative section to get into grad school.

But I don't want to think about that right now.

Right now I want crack open this beautiful new book. That's as far ahead as I'm thinking on this quiet Friday. There is plenty of time to worry in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment