Friday, January 7, 2011

Escape from the Haltsburg Boys Choir

I didn't have a caffeine addiction. I've been careful to keep my coffee intake to times of pleasure, never for a pick-me-up. And then this week happened. Tech week. My schedule of waking up at a quarter to six and crawling into bed no earlier than 12:30 has taken its toll on my (apparently old lady) body. I have resigned myself to the coffee as necessity routine.

But it's worth it. We have a show, people! We are doing theatre! We're telling a story that I believe, at the very least, people will enjoy. This is the zenith of our months of hard work. We did it ladies and gentlemen, and now it belongs to the audience. We're ready, it's beautiful, so let's do it!

I'm proud of this show. I'm proud of our wonderful cast who are some of the kindest, most talented people I've had the pleasure of working with. I'm proud of our production staff who have worked so diligently to make sure we didn't walk on an empty stage naked. I'm proud of our writer and composer who wrote a musical, A MUSICAL! We are a group of awesome people and I don't care who knows it.

I hope my noxious gushing hasn't sent you running for the closest bottle of Dramamine. Seriously, come see the show that received both a cease and desist letter (back when we had a different name) and a tweet from The Vienna Boy's Choir. We almost got sued. If that's not edgy, groundbreaking theatre, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment