Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Day, Another Book

I finished reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson today. I have to say, I'm pretty sad it's over. I don't think I've ever felt this way about nonfiction before. Even with A People's History of the United States, one of my favorite books in the history of my literacy, I was pleased with it's ending point. Mr. Bryson has left me wanting more.

With a heavy heart I placed it back in my bag and pulled out The Glorious Cause by Robert Middlekauff, a 700+ page behemoth outlining the history of the American Revolution. My spine is already moaning at the prospect of carrying it around for the next month or two. But I'm excited. I'm ready to be re-immersed in American history. I may have a fiery love affair with anthropology and astronomy, but history is my rock, that steady spouse who puts up with my slight insanity and stands with strong, open arms.

I'll let you know how this goes. Honestly, I've been thinking about rereading the Harry Potter series again for kicks. If we're going to continue the analogy, Harry Potter is like my An Affair to Remember lover. I don't know. We'll see. What I do know is that I'm ready to be in school again. And on that note, we'll end this all over the place blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment