Friday, March 18, 2011

NOLA

In a few precious weeks I'll be back in the city which will forever have a firm hold on my tiny passionate heart. New Orleans. Just the thought shoots sharp tingles through my arms and legs.

New Orleans, New Orleans, New Orleans.

What can I say about New Orleans that hasn't been said. Oh to live in a city with so vibrant a heart beat, who greets each day with loud, unforgiving music, who can't be beat by any danger sent her way. Her face is weathered and worn but she smiles and welcomes and parties like each day will be her last.

I can't help but think that our fates are intertwined. I fell in love at a young age and through my happy affairs with London and Chicago, I've never felt a diminished pull towards her. The people with endurance I can hardly fathom show such loyalty to her. She locks hands with you and never lets you go.

Now I'm just writing silly, cliched, poetics, but isn't that what we do when we fall and fall hard? I'll be there soon and then I'll be back. Back to Chicago. Chicago's wonderful but I've begun to see we are an ill fit. I'll be here for a while yet, but not forever. I'm an unwitting nomad, perhaps. We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment