Thursday, March 31, 2011

Adventures in Writing

I'm getting geared up for a few writing projects I have in mind. It looks like Sergio will be going to Virginia to do the Endstation Theatre Festival again May through July so I figure I'll have pleanty of time to knock out a few pages of my latest attempt at a novel. The project I'm most excited about is one that will involve a month long roadtrip up the Eastern Seaboard. Needless to say, that one won't be happening for a while.

This will be the summer of writing. Well, writing and applying to grad school! And eating well! How about the summer of getting my life in order? The summer of doing those things which will make me a more successful and proactive person! All of the above!

Perhaps it's the sunshine outside or the gift of warm weather dangling just out of reach, but I'm feeling pretty gung-ho about things. In a month I'll look back and rejoice at the fact that I'm done moving. In a week I'll be an hours flight outside of New Orleans. Everything will work out because it always works out. I'm always alive at the end of the day and if I'm not, well, I guess I won't care at that point.

I've made the decision that while I'll be lonely without Sergio, I'm going to have a positive summer. It'll only be a tiny two and a half months. Plus I have Fay. It'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment