Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainy Monday

It's grey but not freezing so I can't complain. This weekend I'll be gone to the warm Southern comfort of Louisiana. I can already feel those short skirts brushing the back of my legs and the slim soled sandles beneath my feet. The food will be heavy and the music loud and I'll finally be in my sunny element once again.

I need to forget about things that are pressing firmly on my mind. I need to unknit my brow, settle my stomach, and accept the moment for what it is. There will be plenty of time to be worried and stressed when I return. But this weekend is an escape from all that for a few precious days.

When I get back, then I'll set to figuring things out. Then I'll wonder where I'll go, what to do, what's most important. My batteries will be recharged. My mind will be less fried. I'll come back to a warmer and better Chicago. Hopefully I can have a positive and productive outlook for a while insteady of this foggy quagmire of uncertainty and aggrivation I've been sunk in.

It will be kittens and rainbows from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment