Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Morning

One of the few things I enjoy about being up at 7 in the morning is how cool everything is. After a weekend of relentless sun, a reprieve, no matter how short, is welcomed. I'm attempting to ignore the fact that later this week it should be in the mid-90's. Like so much candle wax, I may melt.

I'm finding it difficult to comprehend how a city that can easily hit -10 or below on a mid-February morning can give Florida temperatures a run for their money come July. Even the sticky humidity can be just as unbearable. I'm left lethargic and exhausted. The sun literally weakens me.

I'm looking out of the skylights and I can see the suns light as it begins to bake Chicago once again. Yet another day I'm thankful for AC and more than happy to pay my nearly doubled electric bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment