Monday, July 12, 2010

A Happy Post

I've been grumpy and stressed for a while now. In order to prove that I'm still happy I have decided to blog cheerfully today and bring to light all of those things which make me happy.



Let's start simple with a little thing I like to call the blueberry. Blueberries are delicious. Blueberries are in season. Blueberries are currently in my work fridge begging to be eaten. Probably my favorite fruit, when eaten a pint at a time, perks me up, softens my skin, and never fails to brighten my day. Maybe some of the effects are in my head, but still what's wrong with a healthy placebo every once in a while.

Next we have books. The smell of books, the texture of books, the content in books. I know if I ever stop reading or learning, life will becoe completely meaningless. What's the point of being an empty shell? But more than that, running my finger under the lines, smearing the print slightly, flipping a thin page or a thick page, hearing the crack as it closes. As long as I've got a good book, there's nothing to complain about!

True Blood. We are all allowed our guilty pleasures, mine just happens to be a soap opera about vampires. I need to know which fanciful creature Sookie will be seduced by next week. Will Tara ever find a good man? What crazy/stupid thing will come out of Jason's mouth on Sunday? So good! No. Not good. But completely consuming.

There you have it. Happiness. Of course there are countless other things that make me happy, in fact, many that leave me more happy than these, but I'm running out of time. Work is soon coming to a close. I must run off to photography. Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment