Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stormy Weather

It looks like a hurricane is sweeping through Chicago. I assumed when I left Florida I would be trading train speed winds and pelting rain for temperatures that plummet below zero on a semi regular basis. I felt that was fair, there is no perfect climate. I'll trade one deadly weather system for another. However, it looks like here you get a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.

I would love this weather if I could be home, wrapped in blankets, a book on my lap, a cup of tea at my side, a purring Fay curled at my feet. I would crack the window and listen to the rain drench the earth in its final bought of madness before it transforms into snow in a month or two. But, alas, damp and tired I trudged to work in heavy rain boots, a broken umbrella my shield, cursing my inability to find a decent raincoat in this town.

It's unnervingly warm out. I feel like one of these days the rug is going to be jerked out from under our feet and it'll go from a balmy 69 degrees to 10 overnight. Either that or my slightly more irrational fear that it'll never be cold this winter, global warming will take hold in a violent way, and we'll all burn up come next summer. I don't really believe that, but what if it just never snows? What if I bring Florida's taint with me wherever I go?

On a side note, rehearsals are going well for my new show. The script is on my desk right now, beckoning me to memorize it. Boy, I'm just happy that I don't speak literally half the script like Extinction Fantasies. That was fun to learn. We almost have the whole thing blocked, in two weeks we start learning music and need to be off book for scenes as we do them. I can do this. I'm an actor, lines are the least of my worries. Ugh, I'm just the worst at procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment