Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Me And My Bike

Chicago is said to be one of the most bike friendly cities in the US. Yesterday, I picked up my shiny new Trek Lime and got a taste of it myself. From Old Town to Lincoln Square, on 5.5 miles of main street, I cycled home! I had such a great time. I never really felt in danger. There were a couple times when I had to squeeze past a parked car and a car waiting at the light, but that's about as scary as it got.

And talk about a wonderful bike! It rides so easy. I get to sit up. I don't have to shift. What else could I ask for? I want to go on another ride today, but I'm afraid it might be raining again by the time I get home tonight. Plus, the Black hawks are playing tonight (Go Hawks).

My new verdict, living sans a bike in Chicago is a sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment