Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Success

Aw, success, that fleeting moment when you at last feel as if you're taking a few baby steps down your life's journey. In my experience, it seems as if success comes in waves. For instance, the past year has felt like treading water. I was in a lake. I could see the shore, but I couldn't figure out how to get there. Well, let me tell you, I've learned the breast stroke.

As you know, a few weeks ago I got a job. Obviously this registers and numero uno success. A paycheck. Benefits. Paid holiday's. Life suddenly got good and interesting.

But suddenly, boom, I'm an actor again! After an almost two year hiatus from the stage, this little lady will be making her Chicago stage debut as Sable in Dan Caffrey's Dark Horse. How exciting is that? Almost exactly a year after I moved up here I get a job and a show back to back. Life can be so funny like that. It's almost enough to make a cynical gal like me believe in fate.

The cherry on top of my lovely life ice cream Sunday, I bought a new bike. Ladies and gentlemen, I plan on being a Chicago bicyclist enthusiast. With my new bike I'll go to the store, to friends houses, to the movies. I'll bicycle here and there, and every where on my new Trek Lime. I will no doubt blog about my many summer biking adventures. I pick it up today after work and I'm going to (try to) ride it home.

So here's to success and to remembering it when I start to tread water again.

No comments:

Post a Comment