Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On Death

Why is death looked on with such animosity? I understand the fear of the unknown. I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of my impending doom, but it's kind of peaceful knowing that eventually (and hopefully after I've lived a long and fulfilling life) I will be greeted by complete oblivion. It makes life more worth living and turns the stresses of today seem minuscule in comparison.

The one thing I don't want is anyone messing with my body. This is going to sound really hippie-like, but I want to live a second life as a tree or a blade of grass. That's why I'm saying here, don't you dare touch me with formaldehyde. Throw me in a hole and put a simple stone marker with my name and the dates of my life. It's little wonder that something like cryonics not only disgusts me, but freaks me out. Below is the Wikipedia article I've been reading and it just gives me the chills. How much would it suck to be frozen and wake up 100 years later? No one you knew is alive. Everything is vastly different. No thank you. When I die, I'm dead.

Cryonics

No comments:

Post a Comment