Thursday, August 5, 2010

Being 23

Being 23 feels an awful lot like being 22. It might even feel like being 21, but that's too long ago to accurately say. I wonder what that age happens to be when there's too many years to put the correct number of candles on the cake. I hope it's not this year. I may not have a cake and I'd hate to miss my last opportunity!

May I just point out what a pretty good week or two this has been?

1) Proposition 8: Unconstitutional.

2) Arizona Anti-Immigration Law: Struck down.

3) Shark Week: Sharks.

4) President Obama's birthday: Yesterday.

Now, you know, I don't want to take credit for all of these amazing happenings, but don't you think it's a little too coincidental that they're all happening so close to my day of birth? I never thought I was magical, but you know, maybe I'm the real Sookie Stackhouse. Get me in a room with Glenn Beck and we'll see if a bright light erupts from my hands.

Okay, so maybe I'm not the cause of all of this joy. Maybe amazing things just happen in August. Perhaps I'm just a byproduct of these miracles.

And I'm done fawning on myself.

But seriously, pretty good week. I got some flowers this morning from my handsome Latino boyfriend, Sergio. As much as I would love to say I'm one of those girls who thinks flowers are a waste, that they just exist so we can watch them die, I freaking love flowers. These have the added bonus of smelling nice in tandem with looking gorgeous.

In a mere half hour I'll be munching on delicious Italian food with the HR ladies here at work. I must say, for my first "real" job, I can't imagine anything much better than this.

Year 22 was pretty great. Let's see if we can top it in 23!

2 comments:

  1. You can always get candles that in the shape of numbers. And, Sergio is latino? I thought he was Armanian or something. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candles in the shape of numbers is cheating!
    And he is.

    ReplyDelete