Monday, August 9, 2010

Grad School Update

Hello folks. As the GRE looms ever nearer and my 20 page writing sample has yet to begin itself, I'm starting to feel a bit unsure about grad school. I know I would love studying history. I would love teaching, dramaturging, and writing about it. But I don't think I'm finished with this chapter in my life. I am not ready to give up concrete pieces of happiness for uncertainty. So, I am officially announcing my postponement of grad school applying.

So here I am, prepared to spend the next year examining the pieces of my life. I want to develop myself, strengthen those talents which I know I possess. Perhaps I may succeed in making myself a healthier person both physically and mentally.

I probably won't accomplish much. Come August 9th, 2011, I'll most likely be just as bewildered as I am now. I won't be a professional writer, photographer, or actor. But maybe I'll have written a few one acts or short stories. Maybe I'll have taken a few more head shots. Maybe I'll have been in a few plays. Maybe my hidden temper won't be quite so fiery.

I'm really young. Maybe it's time I stop worrying about the future for five minutes and embrace the ephemeral present.

No comments:

Post a Comment