Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Respect for Food

When it comes to eating, I don't follow the best of diets. When I go to a bar and grill do I opt for the limp salad? No! I order some chicken fingers dipped in buffalo sauce and fries. Maybe some Mac and Cheese if they have it. But I leave with this guilt deep fried in grease. Thanks to a speedy metabolism I'm far from the 300 pounds I should be. Perhaps I could stand to lose those five to ten magical pounds that every girl says she could, but for the most part, I'm happy with my weight and silhouette.

I wish my insides could say the same. My cholesterol is strangely high for a 23 year old girl and I have a sensitive stomach that leaves me nauseous generally at some point on any given day. I'm really beginning to believe this stems from a disrespect I have for both my body and for food.

So here I am, on my blog, making an announcement. I'm not going to promise to abstain from every cheeseburger I encounter. When chocolate cake falls into my lap like manna from heaven, who am I to say no? But I will strive to eat less of those oral delights which are slowly clogging my arteries and leaving me lethargic. Maybe next time I'm at a bar I'll order the light (ick!) beer. Maybe I won't go that extreme. I mean, it's beer, not even worth drinking if it doesn't taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment